- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup raw hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp.liquid Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. Himalayan or Celtic Salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tblsp. Maple Syrup or local honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Spread the seeds out on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Cool the seeds for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the seeds to a food processor.
- Let the processor run for about 4-5 minutes, until the seeds begin to butterize.
- Stop and scrape the sides down.
- Continue running for another 2-5 minutes until the seeds appear completely butterized, adding a bit of oil at this point, as needed.
- Pulse in additions (hemp seeds, salt, spices, sweetener), if desired. DON’T process these in, as they can cause seizing of the butter.
Image courtesy of Mister GC at FreeDigitalPhotos.net