- 5 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 large zucchinis, grated
- 2 large rashers of bacon, rind trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, then add almond meal and mix thoroughly
- Add zucchini and carrot to the batter and stir to combine
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon to pan
- Once bacon has released some fat into the pan, add onions and mushrooms to pan and fry until bacon is golden and onion is clarified
- Add bacon, onion, mushrooms and pan juices to the batter and mix, adding seasoning as you go.
- Spread batter into a lasagne pan and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve hot or cold.
Image courtesy of Apolonia at FreeDigitalPhotos.net