- 1 onion, diced into pieces or sliced into slices
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
- Raw, unfiltered honey, or a combination of raw honey and Manuka honey, (enough to cover the onions and garlic)
- In a jar or pot (if heating, see below), place your onions and crushed garlic cloves.
- Pour in the honey until the onions and garlic are covered.
- Either leave to steep for a few hours (or overnight) or
- Place the pot over a very low heat (don’t heat too much or you will lose all the healing properties of the honey)
- Cook for 30-60 minutes. When the onions and garlic soften, and the honey becomes more liquefied, you know that your syrup is ready.
You can either leave the onion and garlic pieces in the syrup or simply strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer. Store it in a jar in your fridge and use it freely.