- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain yoghurt
- 6 tbsp ricebran oil
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (if tolerated)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and chopped or 1-2 bananas (depending on size)
- oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Combine egg, yoghurt and oil.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarb and mixed spice into a large bowl.
- Stir in oats, sugar and pear.
- Gently stir yoghurt mixture into flour, until just combined.
- Spoon into 12 lightly greased muffin tins and bake, 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Turn onto cake rack to cool.
- Serve muffins with more yoghurt, if you like.
Image courtesy of Serge Bertasius Photography at FreeDigitalPhotos.net