- 1/3 cup millet, rinsed and drained in a fine mesh strainer
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (almond, coconut, oat or soy milk)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons raisins, optional
- Optional toppings: Pure maple syrup, honey, or sweetener of choice; sliced bananas, peaches, berries, or fruit of choice; nuts of choice, shredded coconut
- In a small saucepan, combine the millet through optional raisins and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook at a very low simmer for 20-25 minutes, without stirring, or until the liquid is absorbed and the millet is the consistency of oatmeal or cream of wheat.
- Remove from the heat, drizzle with maple syrup or desired sweetener, and add toppings of choice.
Image courtesy of rakratchada torsap at FreeDigitalPhotos.net