- Splash of coconut oil, rice bran oil or butter
- 1 small brown onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tin of crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup semi-dried tomatoes (or a tablesoon of tomato paste)
- 400g can of Borlotti beans (or your favourite beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp dried cumin (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (optional, but really nice!)
- 1 tsp dried thyme (optional, but really nice!)
- ½ tsp dried cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes to release their sweetness.
- Add beans, herbs and spices and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Taste and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.