- 2 carrots (grated)
- 2 zucchinis (grated)
- 1 large brown onion finely diced
- 1 cup of fine polenta
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 4 slices of woodsmoked bacon diced (optional)
- A handful of whatever fresh herb you would like to flavour, I used basil this time but parsley, oregano, thyme (cut up finely) all work well
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- A sprinkling of cheese for the top (optional)
- Himalayan salt and pepper to season
- Toppings; cherry tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, poached eggs or slices of smoked salmon
Throw everything in a bowl and stir!
Bake in a greased glass or ceramic dish on 180 degrees covered with foil to keep the moisture in for about an hour or until skewer comes out clean.
Top with topping of choice.
Serve warm from the oven as a main with a side salad or have a slice in the fridge to eat cold as a snack
Another great option with this recipe, is to use muffin trays to make individual portions, as it freezes so well and can be taken out as needed or popped into the kids lunchboxes!