- turmeric root
- chopped garlic
- diced onion
- chopped hot chillies (wear gloves and be prepared to have your sinuses cleared!)
- grated or sliced ginger
- grated horseradish
- chopped carrot
- chopped apple
- diced celery
- orange and lemon pieces
- mustard seeds
- juniper berries
- Himalayan salt
Apple Cider Vinegar (make sure it’s organic with the “Mother”)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the vinegar.
- Fill 2/3 of a large jar with the mixture. Make sure the jar seals well.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar on top of the mixture until it fills up to the top.
- Close tightly.
- Shake well.
- Store the jar in a cool, dark place for up to 2 weeks. Shake well as often as possible, at least once a day.
- After 14 days, strain it through a muslin cloth, into a bowl, to pour into a jar.
- Squeeze well to make sure all the juice comes out.
This elixir will be VERY HOT, so start with small amounts, maybe use it as a salad dressing first and then build up the amount as your taste buds get used to it. It’s best not to dilute it with water.
This elixir may help with;
- stimulating the immune system
- feeding beneficial gut bacteria as a pre-biotic
- killing harmful gut bacteria and yeasts (including candida)
- stimulating metabolism
- weight loss by increasing satiety (a feeling of fullness) and reducing appetite
- reducing blood triglycerides, cholesterol and blood pressure
- regulating blood sugar levels
- alkalising the system by regulating the pH level
- preventing and reducing indigestion and reflux
- detoxification of the liver
- cleansing lymph nodes of toxic waste
- soothing and healing mucous membranes such as throat, gut lining, urinary tract
- inhibiting and reducing muscle cramps
- reducing post exercise muscle fatigue
As this is a fermented drink, it may cause issues for those suffering from high levels of histamines. Come and see me to reduce histamine levels naturally.
This entry was posted in Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, detox, detoxification, disease prevention, Fermented foods, Flu, Food, GAPS, Gut Health, Heart Health, Herbal Medicine, Hypertension, Immune Boosting, Inflammation, LDL cholesterol, Liver, Lungs, Microbiome, Organic Foods, Prebiotics, Recipes, Weight loss and tagged Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, healing, health, Immune System, metabolic syndrome, sick, Weight loss.