- 350 g raw whole almonds, macadamias or walnuts (or a combination of all)
- 20 fresh dates, pitted
- 1 x tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped sulphur free apricots (optional)
- 3 generous tablespoons of raw cacao powder or carob powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Zest and juice from half an orange
- Dessicated Coconut, Goji berry, Cacao, Crushed Nuts for rolling
- Process nuts with cinnamon, some orange zest and raw cacao or carob powder
- Add in the dates, vanilla extract and process until mixture starts to come together
- Add orange juice if needed (only a little at a time), enough to make the mix soft and easily forms balls
- Form into roughly 15 balls (depending on the size you want them)
- Coat in dessicated coconut, Goji berries, raw cacao powder or crushed nuts.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks
To make a yummy protein packed smoothie, blend 2 balls with 1 cup of milk of your choice (coconut is particularly delicious for this!) and banana, berries mango or papaya.