- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tbsp ghee, melted
- 1/2 tbsp parsley and crushed garlic (optional)
- Place the almond flour, arrowroot or tapioca flour, baking soda and pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, water and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix to combine.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Brush with 1/4 of the melted ghee.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of batter and swirl around slightly.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden and crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Brush with remaining melted ghee, sprinkle with chopped parsley and garlic and serve.
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 2 zucchinis (grated)
- 1 large brown onion finely diced
- 1 cup of fine polenta
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 4 slices of woodsmoked bacon diced (optional)
- A handful of whatever fresh herb you would like to flavour, I used basil this time but parsley, oregano, thyme (cut up finely) all work well
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- A sprinkling of cheese for the top (optional)
- Himalayan salt and pepper to season
- Toppings; cherry tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, poached eggs or slices of smoked salmon
Throw everything in a bowl and stir!
Bake in a greased glass or ceramic dish on 180 degrees covered with foil to keep the moisture in for about an hour or until skewer comes out clean.
Top with topping of choice.
Serve warm from the oven as a main with a side salad or have a slice in the fridge to eat cold as a snack
Another great option with this recipe, is to use muffin trays to make individual portions, as it freezes so well and can be taken out as needed or popped into the kids lunchboxes!
- Rice bran oil or butter for cooking
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large or 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups diced cooked vegetables (potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, zucchini, etc) OR 2 cups of cooked frozen vegetables, drained
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup grated cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Heat a dash of oil in an oven suitable frying pan (24cm diameter). Add the onion and mushrooms, and cook over a medium heat until it starts to soften.
- Add vegetables and toss to mix. Reduce heat and allow vegetables to warm through.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Season well with salt and black pepper. Pour over the sausages and vegetables.
- Scatter over grated cheese if using.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs are set and topping golden.