- 2 carrots (grated)
- 2 zucchinis (grated)
- 1 large brown onion finely diced
- 1 cup of fine polenta
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 4 slices of woodsmoked bacon diced (optional)
- A handful of whatever fresh herb you would like to flavour, I used basil this time but parsley, oregano, thyme (cut up finely) all work well
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- A sprinkling of cheese for the top (optional)
- Himalayan salt and pepper to season
- Toppings; cherry tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, poached eggs or slices of smoked salmon
Throw everything in a bowl and stir!
Bake in a greased glass or ceramic dish on 180 degrees covered with foil to keep the moisture in for about an hour or until skewer comes out clean.
Top with topping of choice.
Serve warm from the oven as a main with a side salad or have a slice in the fridge to eat cold as a snack
Another great option with this recipe, is to use muffin trays to make individual portions, as it freezes so well and can be taken out as needed or popped into the kids lunchboxes!
- Splash of coconut oil, rice bran oil or butter
- 1 small brown onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tin of crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup semi-dried tomatoes (or a tablesoon of tomato paste)
- 400g can of Borlotti beans (or your favourite beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp dried cumin (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (optional, but really nice!)
- 1 tsp dried thyme (optional, but really nice!)
- ½ tsp dried cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes to release their sweetness.
- Add beans, herbs and spices and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Taste and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.