Naturopathy is a holistic system of healing that incorporates a range of treatments and natural therapies, with the underlying belief that your body is able to fight infection and disease itself, given the right support. While conventional medicine treats the symptoms of a disease or illness, as a Naturopath I take a more holistic approach to healthcare with your overall health being my priority. As a Naturopath, I am accredited by ATMS, which ensures that I comply with the highest standards of naturopathic practice.
A Natural Approach
Naturopathy believes that if one restores or maintains the equilibrium of the body, our immune system is better placed to defend itself against infection and disease. Natural treatments and therapies may help the body balance itself and find its equilibrium. These treatments ensure that the body and mind are able to remain resilient, and recover promptly from imbalances caused by incorrect diet, lifestyle and influences from our surroundings. When we do succumb to an illness and contract a fever this is viewed as the body dealing with the source of the problem. The fever is therefore not viewed as a negative event, rather as part of the body’s natural defence mechanism.
Naturopathic treatment can take the form of a variety of therapies and approaches, including:
- Dietary advice – a balanced diet is an essential component for a healthy body
- Herbal remedies – traditional remedies utilised for hundreds of years for healing
- Nutritional Supplements – especially useful when immunity is compromised by illness or when there is an imbalance that diet has not resolved
- Iridology – a useful tool to assess the colour and structure of the iris that may determine tissue inflammation, toxic overload and the body’s predisposition to weakness
- Massage – the manipulation of the tissues of the body that may be beneficial for healing and relaxation
When you come to see me I will devise a plan that will utilise some or all of these approaches depending on your condition.
The benefits of naturopathy are many and varied, and may be useful in the treatment of:
- Digestive problems
- Emotional Wellbeing and depression
- Internal Health
- Menstrual issues
- Reduced immunity
- Skin conditions
- Weight management