When muscles and tendons become damaged or impaired, knotted and tense or immobile, Remedial Massage provides a healing treatment that can be gentle or strong, deep or shallow. Remedial massage holistically treats the whole body and traces the discomfort as far as possible back to the original cause, which may heal both the cause of the disorder as well as the symptoms.
Benefits of Remedial Massage;
Remedial Massage may be beneficial to chronic diseases and works with a client holistically to improve their overall health or recovery.
Key benefits of Remedial Massage may include: the stimulation to the blood supply allowing toxins in the muscles to be removed; the calming of the peripheral nervous system to ease pain and discomfort; and the toning and relaxing of muscles to improve joint mobility. An improvement to the health of the cells, the repairing of tissues, and the easing of stiffness and tension may also be experienced through therapeutic relaxation.
Mindful massage is a nurturing, safe and relaxing technique that may help relax the nervous system, especially in chronic disease and if stress is a concern.
Massage Techniques Include;
- Trigger Point Release – a particularly effective technique which may be very helpful for lower back, hip and sciatic pain. Also great for neck, shoulder and upper back pain, as well as tennis elbow and shin splints. Headache sufferers respond well to trigger point release.
- Lymphatic Drainage – an extremely relaxing technique which may be particularly useful for moving lymphatic fluid which can get stagnant in tissues, particularly if there has been damage to lymph nodes. (Please note, this lymphatic drainage technique does not include complete decongestive therapy)
- Mindful Massage – the use of mindful massage therapy is a soothing way to help patients suffering from chronic diseases to enjoy the benefits of massage as well as be a powerful tool that may help them to cope with treatment.
- Pregnancy – a massage technique specially designed to safely treat women throughout their entire pregnancy which may provide many benefits to mother and baby.
- Infant Massage – I can show you massage techniques that you can use at home on your baby. Touch is a sense that is heightened in babies and massage which may help; improve sleep, digestion and to increase the bond between mother and baby.
- Myofascial Release – a safe and very effective hands-on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions which may to help eliminate pain and restore movement.
- Relaxation Massage – even though remedial massage techniques have the added bonus of creating a relaxed feeling, sometimes all you want is to be indulged with a massage technique purely designed to bring peace and relaxation. This is it! A great massage to give as a gift voucher!
Image courtesy of sakhorn38 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Image courtesy of nenetus at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Image courtesy of Praisaeng at FreeDigitalPhotos.net