- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup smooth nut butter of choice (I recommend almond or cashew butter)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey or rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup raw cacao or carob powder
- 1 tablespoon of dessicated coconut (optional)
- Handful of raw cacao nibs or carob pieces (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease a small square cake tin.
- Melt the nut butter with maple syrup, honey or rice malt syrup.
- In a large bowl add the mashed sweet potato, melted nut butter and sweetener, and cacao or carob powder and mix well.
- Fold in the dessicated coconut and cacao nibs or carob pieces.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing and refrigerating.
- These brownies are best when cooled completely.
- Store in the fridge or freezer
I love Apple Cider Vinegar. It is one of nature’s gifts that has been giving it’s health benefits to people for centuries.
The Egyptian have been using it since 3000 B.C, even Cleopatra is said to have dissolved a pearl in vinegar and then drunk it! The Greeks and Romans (including Caesar’s army) drank it for it’s health properties.
Some of it’s many benefits include;
- Balances blood sugar levels, which is great news for those or at risk of, or who suffer from diabetes, metabolic syndrome, PCOS and Insulin resistance
- Reduces heartburn
- Improves stomach acid production (which naturally declines with age)
- Helps reduce joint inflammation and pain
- It’s naturally rich in potassium, which is a key mineral for muscle growth, nervous system, and heart health.
- The acetic acid may help reduce blood pressure and there is some evidence of it reducing LDL’s (the bad cholesterol)
- A.C.V may encourage weight loss.
- It is a potent microbial which helps to balance the microbiome in the gut
- It may even protect against some forms of cancer
- Effective treatment for asthma and possibly for other auto-immune conditions
- Taken internally and applied diluted as a douche, may help with the unpleasant symptoms of candida
Apple Cider Vinegar also contains enzymes, pectin, B vitamins and folic acid. It stimulates acid production in the stomach and enzyme production in the gut that helps breakdown and therefore helps the gut to absorb nutrients more effectively. Because of it’s benefits to gut bacteria, it can support bowel regularity and increases the removal of toxins.
It also contains acetate which is the molecule our own beneficial bacteria, in the gut, manufacture. Acetate is thought to be responsible for helping the immune system to stop over-reacting to perceived foreign invaders or even our own tissues (as in asthma, hayfever and Rheumatoid arthritis).
How to take Apple Cider Vinegar
As A.C.V is an acid, it needs to be diluted in water. I usually recommend starting with 1 teaspoon of ACV in a small shot glass of water, twice a day, half an hour before meals (to help with digestion). Once you are used to the flavour, you can slowly increase it to 1 tablespoon twice a day.
This entry was posted in Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Heart Health, Hypertension, Microbiome, PCOS, Probiotics and tagged antioxidants, Blood Pressure, blood sugar, Cancer, Candida, Cholesterol, diabetes, healing, health, heart health, Hypertension, hypoglycaemia, influenza virus, Insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, microbiome probiotics, PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome, Weight loss.