- 500gms. organic tofu, firm
- 1 x sliced leek or diced onion
- 1 x clove of crushed garlic
- 1 x diced tomato (optional)
- chopped chives (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp. each of; cumin powder and coriander powder (optional)
- 3 Tbsp stock, water or bone broth (water or vegetable stock if vegetarian or vegan)
- butter (or alternative if vegan)
- Drain the tofu from the water.
- Heat a medium frypan (if frypan isn’t non-stick, you’ll need to have it well-greased) over medium-high heat. You can a little knob of butter (or alternative) too regardless for an even creamier taste.
- Fry off leek or onion and garlic.
- Add tomato and chives, if using.
- Add tofu and spices together. Using a spatula, cut up the tofu in the pan to look like scrambled eggs.
- Once incorporated, add the vegetable broth (1 tablespoon at a time) bringing the broth to a boil and allowing to fully absorb into the tofu each time.
- Remove from heat and season with sea salt and pepper as desired.